For this assignment, you will be asked to identify and interview a professional (i.e., PT, OT, professor, researcher, AT, management/ marketing, MD, nurse, etc.) in your field using the questions below. BASED on their responses, write a narrative (2 or more pages) about the importance of sociology and culture to your field.
The goal of this assignment is to demonstrate the relevance of understanding sociological and cultural factors in your future profession as well to ascertain the topics in the course that was important to you. My hope is that this assignment will help you in your career development by allowing you to network with someone in your field while getting guidance on how to make the most of your studies in preparation for your future career.
1. Name and Profession
2. Years in the Profession
3. Educational Background
4. What was your career path to where you are today?
1. What social issues do professionals in our field currently face?
2. One thing we talked about in class was ( insert topic of your choice). How do you see this topic affecting our profession?
(Topic: race and etnicity- attaching PDF of chapter)
3. What social and cultural issues should future professionals be ready to address?
4. How can I prepare myself to be ready to address these issues? What should I expect to gain in the classroom and my field experiences that will prepare to address these social and cultural issues?
5. Is there anything else I should know that would help me prepare for a career in this profession?
Please answer the questions to the interview so that it is easier to write the paper.